Today marks the 10th anniversary of “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?”!!! I cannot believe it’s been ten years already.
This makes me feel old. Ten years ago:
- I was thirteen years old;
- A litre of gasoline cost $0.60;
- Lance Armstrong was the comeback kid winning the Tour de France after his battle with cancer;
- People were freaking out about the Y2K bug… the world is gonna end!!;
- MySpace was officially created;
- Millions of children were introduced to “Harry Potter”;
- Britney Spears was still that wholesome girl next door…
Where has the time gone?
Well, if you’re feeling nostalgic you can gyrate along with your Ricky Martin CD that’s been collecting dust OR you can turn on your TV and watch Regis Philbin return as host of the 10th anniversary edition of “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?”. Today’s premiere episode had already aired… ahhh, brings back memories. It’s exactly like the original (complete with the infamous Regis Philbin neckties and ‘fastest finger’ element); however, with slight improvements to the game. Additionally, every episode, 11 celebs will play one question to benefit their charity of choice.
If you’ve missed the premiere… not to worry. The 10th anniversary runs eleven episodes for two weeks from Sunday thru Thursday @ 8:00pm (check local listings). The finale airs Sunday, August 23rd.