……because there’s a little materialistic child in all of us.
Today’s my birthday! *cue fanfare* And every year, everyone asks me what I want for my bday, but I usually brush them off. I’ll never tell! — Although sometimes I’ll drop obvious hints here and there. However, this year I will share my top 10 (realistic) wants with the world… just because I can.
10) Messenger bag. I need a new bag. Not something big, not something small. But something casual enough to carry with me to school and nice enough to carry at a decent outing.
Here’s what I’ve tracked down so far:
9) Summer Dresses. Let’s face it — I don’t have enough. No really. I’ve only got two in my closest and I think I need a change from all my shorts and tank tops. I like the examples I chose personally because it does not have a low neck line, and more importantly no low back… which is a good thing for me.
8 ) Threadless Tees. What more can I say? Just visit their site.
7) iPhone 3G. No, Not even the 3Gs. I’m good with the “old” version. No need for the newer fancy bells and whistles. And at only $99 how could I go wrong?
6) Learn how to surf in Tofino, BC! I’ve always wanted to go surfing. What better way than to experience it on my rugged West Coast?
5) Laptop. Not because I need one, but because I’d like to have one. Again, nothing too great. Just the basics is good for me so long as if there are drivers for SD and other photo/data cards. I’m a loyal HP & Intel customer, so this is sufficient enough.
4) Ziplining at GROUSE MOUNTAIN! What better way to experience my 23rd than to zipline across a canyon and zoom through one of BC’s oldest and famous old-growth forests. Nature awaits my call.
3) Digital Camera. As I’ve mentioned before, I really really really need a new one. I don’t go a day without my crappy point-and-shoot digital camera by my side, but it’s breaking apart — and fast. I don’t need an SLR or a crazy paparazzi-like telephotic lens camera, but a decent (and affordable) one is best for me.
2) A Pair of 2009/2010 Canucks Season Tickets. Wishful thinking? Yeah, I thought so. But hey, it doesn’t hurt to ask. Please please please please please! haha.
1) Donations to my Weekend to End Breast Cancer Fundraiser. Ok, so maybe this isn’t ‘materialistic’ per-se. But if I weren’t participating in it, I probably wouldn’t be advertising this. All I ask is for all my readers, followers, friends to donate a minimum of $10 each to my fundraiser. Support a great cause. Funds benefit the BC Cancer Foundation in hopes of finding a cure for breast cancer and other women’s cancers through research, care, support, and education at the BC Cancer Agency. Click here to donate to me! Thx =)
Well, that’s my top 10. Hope you liked it. I don’t expect anything — except I do hope you take my #1 spot into consideration. `Twas fun.